- For online payment by credit, ATM, debit or check card:
The payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order ships.
Please note: Authorized and held amounts will not be available for other purchases. If an order is canceled, the authorization hold will expire in accordance with the terms of your bank or financial institution.
- For online payment by Gift Card, eGift Card or Paypal®
The money is deducted at the time you place your order.
- For in-store payment with Cash
If you create an online order reservation and choose "Cash" as your payment method, you will have 48 hours to pay for your order at a local Reg Store store using a payment method accepted by the store. If you use credit, ATM, debit or check card, your account will be billed immediately. If you pay by check, checks will be cashed soon after tender.
Pending Charges and Authorization Holds
If you used a credit card for an order that was:
- attempted but not completed
- an order that was cancelled
- an order that is still processing
and a charge from regstore.online appears on your method of payment, it is because your financial institution placed a temporary authorization on your account to ensure funds will be available if the order goes through.
This pending charge is an initial hold that temporarily lowers your available balance. Your account is not actually billed until the order ships, so if the order is cancelled and does not ship, the hold will automatically expire in accordance to the timeframe set by your financial institution and no action is required on your part.
Credit Card Authorization Holds:
- An authorization hold will be placed on your credit or debit card each time an order is placed to confirm the card is valid. The hold should be released within 3 to 5 business days
- For cancelled orders, authorizations may still take 3 to 5 days to be released. The length of the hold is determined by the bank or other financial institution that issued your card. You will not be charged for cancelled orders
- For additional questions, please contact your financial institution or card provider
- If a PayPal order is cancelled, an authorization hold may apply and should automatically drop off after 7 business days
- All PayPal orders are charged immediately, including preorders
- For further information, visit www.paypal.com or call 1-888-221-1161
Prepaid Charge and Gift Cards with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express Logos:
- Prepaid cards do not have authorizations placed on them by Walmart. Any authorizations placed on prepaid cards are placed by the company issuing the card
- All prepaid cards are charged when the order is placed and will be refunded if the order is cancelled and can take up to 30 days
Please note: If you choose the Cash payment method for in-store payments, and pay for your order using a credit or debit card, your card is billed immediately. There is no authorization hold or pending status for "Cash" orders.